"To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." - Aristotle
"It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people; to focus your energies on answers - not excuses." - William Arthur Ward
"Science does not know its debt to imagination." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game." - Donald Trump
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
"Mitch flashes back to a basketball game held in the Brandeis University gymnasium in 1979. The team is doing well and chants, 'We're number one!' Morrie stands and shouts, 'What's wrong with being number two?' The students fall silent." - Tuesdays with Morrie
Check out my blog, where I post some interesting technical findings of interest.
I'm not entirely sure what makes me successful in general programming or development, but to any newcomers to this blood-sport, my best guess would be that success in programming comes from some strange combination of interest, persistence, patience, instincts (for example, someone might tell you that something can't be done a certain way, but you just know that can't be true, or you look at a piece of code and know something doesn't seem right with it at first glance, but you can't quite put your finger on it until you think it through some more), fearlessness of tinkering, and an ability to take advice on Stack Overflow because you should be humble. Its okay to be wrong or to have a bad approach, realize it, and try to find a better one, and even better to be wrong and find a better approach to solve something than to have had a bad approach to begin with. There is merit to every question, doubt, and morsel of understanding that we desire to gain out of anything we want to know. Knowledge is at the heart of Stack Overflow and I've personally gained a lot of it from this site, this technical history book that helps users learn from past mistakes so they don't recreate them in the future. I hope that whatever fragments of information I sprinkle across here help those who hit the same roadblocks.
Member for 4 years, 3 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jun 2 '15 at 23:35
- Stack Overflow 6.3k 6.3k 1010 gold badges7676 silver badges150150 bronze badges
- Super User 280 280 33 gold badges99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 236 236 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Arqade 222 222 11 gold badge55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Economics 178 178 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 32 ASP.NET_SessionId + OWIN Cookies do not send to browser
- 26 Coca Cola's Secret Recipe
- 24 Why's My Root Certificate Not Trusted?
- 18 How do I get the current mouse screen coordinates in WPF?
- 18 What are some alternatives to RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey in .NET 3.5?
- 14 Upgrade a bootstrapper bundle if the same version is detected
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jun 2 '15