I am strongly influenced by F. A. Hayek. Markets, while imperfect, serve the world better in the long run than politics. I agree with Hayek that most of modern, mainstream economics is mere scientism, in which we are dangerously overconfident. (It would be less dangerous if it weren't used as the basis of policy.) The proper attitude to have about all of economics is a deep, skeptical humility.
- Stack Overflow 14.9k 14.9k 88 gold badges6161 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- History 503 503 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Code Golf 405 405 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Economics 268 268 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 231 231 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 158 Finding the handle to a WPF window
- 136 Convert String to CGFloat in Swift
- 108 How does View Controller Containment work in iOS 5?
- 98 How can I get rid of an "unused variable" warning in Xcode?
- 49 Why does my T4 template append a number to the file name?
- 33 How do I do date math in a bash script on OS X Leopard?
- 33 NSCharacterSet.characterIsMember() with Swift's Character type
- View more network posts →