I want to put together a list of the kind of questions we want to see on this site as well as good examples of each of kind. I want to make this list so that we can point newcomers (for example, friends that we might invite that are new to the stackexchange community) so that they can get an idea of it's usefulness.
For example, these are some of the kinds of questions I expect and would like to see:
- Evaluation of the results in some journal article
- Clarification of some concept
- Request for suggestions on where to find data
- Evaluation of Current Events
- (Any suggestions of good questions here?)
It would be nice if answers could
- suggest a category of questions that I have not yet thought to include on this list,
- maybe a brief comment about why these kinds of questions are welcome on the site,
- and give an example or two of good questions that fall into this category.
It would probably good to make a new answer for each new category or suggestion.